What are your hours of operation?
- The gates open at 7:30am and close at 6:00pm Wednesday – Monday. We are closed on Tuesdays to day trip fisherman.
- We close the gates around 6:00pm. Prior arrangements must be made if you plan to arrive after 6:00pm.
Can the houses or rooms at the INN be rented on Tuesdays?
Yes and you can fish on Tuesday if you are staying the night with us.
Where do you check-in?
Once you have driven through the Westover gates, follow the signs to the “fly shop”. Drive to the back of the property, park in the parking lot, and walk across the bridge to check-in at the fly shop. (see map below)
What are the minimum lodging requirements?
- There’s a 2 night minimum on the weekends when renting a house. If you are making a last minute reservation (10 or less days prior to arrival), you may rent a house for 1 night.
- There are no minimum night requirements if you are staying in the INN or Branch.
What are the standard amenities in the houses?
- Our houses are stocked with almost everything you will need. There is a full size kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, utensils, pots, pans, plates, glassware, coffee pot, and filters.
- We recommend that you bring paper towels, tinfoil, charcoal, fire starters, Camp Wood, folding chairs, and ground coffee.
- We supply all of the linens and bath towels in our bedrooms and bathrooms. Shampoo and soap are also supplied for your convenience.
- There is a charcoal grill outside each house.
- Portable fire pits are available upon request.
- There is a washing machine and dryer in the Farm, Mill, and Garden House.
What are the standard amenities in the INN?
- There is a communal kitchen and dining room (everyone in the INN has access to them). The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, and filters.
- Each room has a private bathroom and we supply all of the linens and bath towels in our bedrooms and bathrooms. Shampoo and soap are also supplied for your convenience.
- We recommend that you bring paper towels, paper plates and cups, and plastic silverware.
What should I be prepared to bring for my day or overnight trip to Westover?
- If you are fishing for the day, we recommend that you bring snack foods or lunch as we do not have any prepared food on-site.
- If you are staying in one of the houses, we recommend bringing paper towels, tinfoil, charcoal, fire starters, Camp Wood, folding chairs, and coffee. Camp Wood can be purchased at several different locations on Highway 8 or at our local gas stations and grocery stores.
- If you are staying in the INN or Branch, we recommend that you bring snack foods, breakfast and lunch items.
Are reservations required for fishing, fishing instruction, shooting, or lodging?
- Yes, reservations are necessary for fishing, fishing instruction, shooting, and lodging.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation number after you have made a lodging reservation. If you do not receive an emailed confirmation number lodging your reservation was not successfully completed.
- If you are staying overnight with us, you may fish from arrival until departure.
Do I need to bring my own shot gun if I want to shoot at the 5-Stand?
- Yes, you will need to provide your own shot gun.
- You may only shoot shot guns at the shooting range. You may only shoot at the shooting range.
- You must also have eye (glasses) and ear protection. You may rent ear muffs for $2.00.
Do I need to bring my own fishing rod & reel?
- Most people bring their own equipment. You may rent a fly rod and reel for $26.50.
- If the rented rod accidentally breaks, there is a $75 charge to repair or replace it.
- We also have a small fly shop that sells flies, tippet, leader, souvenirs, and more.
What is your policy regarding pets?
Sorry, pets are not permitted on site. There is a $350 recovery fee if an animal is brought into any of the buildings.
What is your policy on smoking?
- There is no smoking in any of the buildings. There is a $350 recovery fee if you choose to smoke in any of the buildings.
- We ask that when smoking outside that you keep your cigarette or cigar butts on your person and discard in an Outside waste can.
May I check in before or after 4:00 pm?
- Yes, but prior arrangements need to be made.
- We usually close the gate around 6:00 pm and we need to know if you will be arriving after that time.
- You may not check in after 9:00 pm.
May I check out after 11:00 am?
- Sometimes, it depends if another group is checking into your house or room after you leave. Then we need to be able to start cleaning by 11:00 am.
- If we need to start cleaning by 11:00 am, you are still welcome to stay and fish until the gates close.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Cash, check, or charge (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX). If writing a check, please make the check payable to Trout, LLC.